Individual therapy is a joint process between me the therapist and you the client. You may not want to talk to your friends and family about what is going on for you or perhaps you are receiving responses such as ‘Oh don’t worry about it, it will be ok’ or ‘Cheer up’. These words may be well meaning but in reality they often don’t help the situation. It is difficult to face hard times alone so individual therapy allows you to be heard without interruption, giving you the space and time that you may not get in everyday life.
Individual therapy has many benefits such as encouraging self-exploration, increasing self-awareness, identifying healthy boundaries, helping to improve communication and improving self-esteem. There are no issues too big or too small. You don’t have to be experiencing a trauma to come to therapy, sometimes we need help with everyday life. Together we can talk about what you are feeling and thinking and discuss strategies and tools that will help you when you are feeling down, overwhelmed or in a situation where you feel trapped and alone. Individual therapy can help you take back control of your life and feel more empowered.
I offer online counselling and psychotherapy via a secure video conferencing to wherever you are in the world.
Online therapy has gotten more popular in recent years and research has shown that it is just as effective as meeting in person. Some of the benefits include:
· You can have therapy in the comfort of your own home or office
· A great option if you live in remote or rural areas
· Saves time travelling to the therapists office
· Provides accessibility to those who have physical limitations
· You might find it easier to discuss your problems online
· It may be more convenient for those who travel a lot and cannot commit to a regular weekly time slot
· I can be much more flexible when working with clients online